As Chair of the Illinois Green Legislative Caucus and Vice-chair of the Energy and Environment Committee, State Representative Robyn Gabel is a champion for our environment. She believes future generations deserve a healthy environment regardless of their economic status, and fights to protect our precious natural resources.
Representative Gabel was a champion of the Future Energy Jobs Act (FEJA), the most important climate legislation in Illinois history. Since then, Illinois has created more solar energy than any other midwestern state. Now, she is fighting to pass the Clean Energy Jobs Act (CEJA), which builds upon the accomplishments of FEJA to create jobs, invest in our states economy, and protect our earth.
Robyn’s voting record on the environment includes:
- Protecting the natural beauty of our state parks and ensuring they are properly funded.
- Creating a program to study the effects of micro-compounds in our drinking water and to develop strategies to keep our water safe.
- Increasing transparency around oil and gas drilling, no longer classifying them as confidential and providing more awareness through the process.
- Preventing lead in drinking water by requiring schools and daycares to conduct testing and mitigation procedures and notify parents about the dangers of lead in young children.
- Promoting a clean energy economy by passing the Future Energy Jobs Act and fighting for the Clean Energy Jobs Act to move Illinois to cut carbon from the power sector by 2030 and committing to 100% renewable energy by 2050.