Addressing Gun Violence
State Representative Robyn Gabel has worked tirelessly at the forefront of the gun safety movement. She has promoted common sense reforms to protect our children and keep our streets safe.
Robyn’s voting record on gun safety includes:
- Passing the Lethal Violence Order of Protection Act: This Red Flag Law permits police or family members to petition a state court to order the temporary removal of firearms from a person who may present a danger to others or themselves. This Act is critical to preventing potential mass shootings and domestic gun violence.
- Strengthening gun dealership licensing requirements in order to identify and eliminate the practice of purchasers buying guns legally and then selling them to those who would do harm.
- Establishing a 72-hour waiting period for all firearm sales.
- Banning bump stocks that turns a semi-automatic weapon into a fully automatic weapon.
- Limiting the purchase of assault weapons to adults over 21.
- Enacting restrictions on silencers.
Robyn has sponsored numerous bills every session aimed at making our state and neighborhoods safer – and will continue to do so.